Our vision is,
‘To provide an outstanding education for all.’
At Normanby-by-Spital we strive ensure that every single child is provided with a bespoke and personalised learning journey which enables them to achieve their potential, in all areas of their life. We create a happy, safe and welcoming environment, where children thrive and can truly be the best that they can be. We are a fantastic team of pupils, staff, parents and governors who work hard to engage with all of our community here in the village and beyond.
Normanby-by-Spital is a small, but perfectly formed school, but we have BIG ideas! The school prides itself on incredible immersive learning environments, that stimulate every sense. Teachers plan a project-based curriculum where children’s interests are at the centre of learning. This means that every opportunity is taken to engage and interest children in the world around them. It ensures that all of our pupils make fantastic progress, achieve the highest of standards feel valued and love to be here!
Our values of the school are key to developing the whole child; Respect, Kindness Empowerment, Determination and Excellence. These words are at the heart of everything we do at school; ensuring that every child reaches their own personal goals and most importantly their potential. We want every child to have the confidence to achieve anything in their future life.
- To develop an inclusive, creative pedagogy, that promotes high standards across the curriculum
- To ensure that all children reach their potential, academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually
- A place where all learning is purposeful, relevant and challenging and reflects the changes in the 21st Century
- Where children become empowered and ambitious, developing a meaningful ownership of their own learning
- Where children become lifelong learners who are ready to apply skills in the wider world
- To ensure everyone feels valued in our school community
"I am extremely proud to be the Headteacher here at Normanby-by-Spital Primary school."
Mrs Emma Negus-Hill
Our Mission Statement