We are extremely proud of the outcomes at Normanby-by-Spital Primary School, not just at the end of the Key stages and during national testing and screening, but every day, with every year group.
However, in the recent suite of end of Key Stage data and Phonics (2017), we performed extremely well in comparison to local and national outcomes!
- Our Phonics screening results are very impressive-89% of children passing, which was above both the national (81.4%)and local authority (81.9%) figures. We pride ourselves on our systematic, effective and comprehensive delivery of phonics. Recently Ofsted (Nov 2016) commented that pupils,
'Enjoy learning phonics and are encouraged to sounds out the letters to learn how to read and spell.'
- In EYFS, our results of 89% of pupils achieving a Good Level of Development meant that we are significantly higher than both local (69.6%) and national (70.7%) outcomes.
- In KS1 all of our outcomes were significantly above the national and local outcomes for Reading, Writing and Maths!
KS1 Percentage achieving at least the expected standard in reading:
- 38% achieved greater depth in reading, compared to the LA (23%) and national (25%)
KS1 Percentage achieving at least the expected standard in writing:
- 25% achieved greater depth in writing, compared to the LA (14%) and national (16%)
KS1 Percentage achieving at least the expected standard in Maths:
- 38% achieved greater depth in writing, compared to the LA (18%) and national (21%)
KS2 progress for those pupils who were non-mobile and who have been with us throughout their KS2 education (from Year 2), they made great progress:
- This puts us in the top 10% nationally for non-mobile writing progress; the top 25% for maths and in the 40% for reading!
Ofsted (Nov 2016) commented that, 'Teachers challenge pupils well in their reading.'
- In Writing and maths our results are generally in line with national and local outcomes. However, again the progress that disadvantage and low attainers make puts us in the top 10% nationally!
We are proud of the outcomes that all of our pupils make, however most importantly we are proud of the exceptional, well grounded, confident, resilient pupils that we have at our school. Data can tell us one story, but every child in our school tells us who they are and helps us to create bespoke and personalised learning journeys for them that lead to the super outcomes that we have!
Below you wil find the data for the school. This gives you an understanding of the performance of the children in the school against national tests.
You can find out how we compare to other schools in the local area by following the link below that takes you to the DfE school perfomance tables website: